We live in a digital-first economy. The current situations and market dynamics has only accelerated digital transformation initiatives for businesses. Many companies are adapting to rapid digitalization in order to sustain, make a strong comeback, and become market leaders.
Salesforce B2B Commerce Cloud helps companies digitize business operations and offer a seamless shopping experience to customers across multiple channels (store, mobile, website, and social media).
An independent research company (Forrester Research) named Salesforce Commerce Cloud as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: B2C Commerce Suites Q2 2020 report. The B2B Commerce Cloud was tied for top scores in AI and machine learning, business intelligence and analytics, plus delivery and extensibility ecosystem.
What is Salesforce Commerce Cloud for B2B?
Salesforce Commerce Cloud for B2B is designed to make it easier for businesses in the B2B space to launch online commerce and offer the best of the shopping experience to customers.
As business buyers require a different functionality than retail buyers, the B2B Commerce Cloud offers specific features including:
- Authenticated sites with secured logins for visitors
- Shopping carts to accommodate thousands of items per order
- Fast and easy reorders
- Customization options for storefront design
- Online product catalogs
- Negotiated pricing feature
- Shipping to multiple locations and various delivery dates
- Secure and flexible payment options including purchase orders, credit cards, and automated clearing
- Buyer purchase history
- Advanced search functionality
Salesforce B2B Commerce is built on the Salesforce Lightning Platform featuring out-of-the-box integration with Salesforce CRM data sourced from Salesforce Service, Sales, and Community Cloud.
How B2B Salesforce Commerce Cloud Help Businesses Optimize Their Operations?
The B2B Salesforce Commerce Cloud offers companies the B2B functionality that makes it possible to run operations smoothly and offer the best experiences to their customers.
- Leverages The Power of AI – The Salesforce platform for B2B ecommerce businesses comes embedded with Einstein AI, a next-generation AI platform that helps you harness your data and extract actionable insights for decision making, personalized shopping experiences, securing customer loyalty, and automating tasks.
- Simplifies B2B Shopping Process – B2B buying process is different than B2C. With this in mind, the B2B Salesforce Commerce Cloud simplifies the many complexities of the entire shopping process. The platform enables features like account hierarchies, volume orders, fast reorders, contract pricing, custom catalogs, etc. However, it allows for B2C-like personalization for buyers with purchasing recommendations and guided experiences, etc.
- Optimizes Daily Operations – One of the key USPs of Salesforce Commerce Cloud is the ease in running daily operations. Be it online ordering of replacements parts, or meeting the needs of your distribution partners you can do all this with ease using the platform.
- Empowers Your Sales People – The Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides your sales team with the insights and tools needed to sell more, gain access to real-time customer data to understand clients, and automate various tasks to boost productivity. It allows you to create a single, 360-degree view of customer activities across sales, commerce and service.
- Rapid Go-To-Market – The Salesforce Commerce Platform makes it easy and fast for B2B businesses to set up stores online. You can launch your operations in weeks to start generating revenue with quick B2B ecommerce implementation. The platform offers scalability and various other features like multi-currency, multi-language, etc. to capture markets across the globe.
- Supports Partners – The Commerce Cloud allows you to support the entire value chain — from manufacturers to distributors to the end customers — with a connected and personalized experience across the mobile, website, and social media.
- Adapts to Changing Markets – In a fast evolving marketplace, you need to frequently update your digital strategy and technology to adapt to the changes in markets and customer needs. The Salesforce Commerce Cloud offers three updates per year to modernize operations and sharpen your winning strategies. You also drive innovation when you create new business models and explore new revenue streams.
Online commerce is the need of the hour for B2B companies to restart and make a stronger comeback amid the existing global crisis. Salesforce B2B Commerce Cloud does a lot of the heavy lifting and makes it easy for businesses to go digital.