Salesforce and ServiceNow are the two leading enterprise platforms. Each offers great value in its own right, but together they form a powerful combination. By integrating Salesforce with ServiceNow, you can elevate the employee and customer experience to a new level.
Integrating Salesforce and ServiceNow transforms your day-to-day operations, ensuring that sales, finance, support, and organizational data are consistent across the entire organization. Salesforce can send data, such as customer support information to ServiceNow or job data to financial systems. And ServiceNow updates their related accounts in Salesforce allowing everyone to work from a common set of updated data sets.
Also Read: Steps for Salesforce Conga Integration
Why Integrate Salesforce with ServiceNow?
Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution that enables sales and service professionals to better manage their relationships with customers, prospects, and partners. With Salesforce, users can keep track of customer interactions and activities, manage customer and prospect data, schedule appointments, control sales pipelines, forecast revenue, automate and streamline tasks, execute campaigns, and much more.
ServiceNow provides a single system of record for all IT processes within an organization. It helps organizations to streamline their IT operations including incident management, problem management, change management, asset management, configuration management database (CMDB), knowledge base, etc.
Integrating Salesforce and ServiceNow enables you to integrate your CRM data with your Help Desk, Asset Management, and IT Service Management systems. You can also easily integrate your Customer Service, Marketing, and Service portals with Salesforce. Here are three examples of how the integration works:
1. Sync Cases from Salesforce to ServiceNow: For many companies, Salesforce is their central hub for customer support and data. With this customization, every time a new case is created in Salesforce, it will also be created in ServiceNow.
2. Sync Accounts from ServiceNow to Salesforce: Your account information may be stored in both systems — maybe one is used for sales and marketing, while the other is focused on service management. With this customization, the two systems are kept in sync so that accounts are consistent across both platforms.
3. Sync Tasks from Salesforce to ServiceNow: If you’re using both systems for project management, you can keep your tasks consistent across them by syncing them together.
Here are some of the benefits of integrating Salesforce and ServiceNow:
- Salesforce Data in ServiceNow – Seamlessly view all your CRM data in ServiceNow, so that you can better solve customer problems.
- Increase CSAT – Improve customer satisfaction by providing a more responsive service experience.
- Access to the Latest Sales Data – Get real-time access to the latest sales information, so that you can better manage interactions with customers.
How to Integrate Salesforce with ServiceNow?
There are a couple of different ways to integrate Salesforce and ServiceNow-
- The first is to use an integration tool that will pull information from one system and push it into the other. This can be very useful for creating a two-way sync between the two systems. For example, you can set up your integration so that when a Case is updated in Salesforce, that change is pushed over to ServiceNow.
- The second option is to create an Integration User in Salesforce and then use the API user and password to authenticate into ServiceNow. This allows you to make API calls through your connection if you have the appropriate permissions.
Salesforce ServiceNow Integration Use Case
There can be a lot of use cases for integrating Salesforce and ServiceNow. Here’s an example-
When an account manager signs a new customer, they use Salesforce to document the contract. When that account is transferred to the professional services team, who need to set up the customer’s accounts in ServiceNow, they can automatically create a work order in ServiceNow from the Salesforce contract. If there’s an issue with an existing customer, you can add it to a case in Salesforce, which then triggers a workflow in ServiceNow that sends an email to the customer to ask them more about their problem. The professional services team can then make the necessary changes in ServiceNow and add those details back into Salesforce as part of the case resolution.
Why Choose AppShark As Your Salesforce Integration Partner?
AppShark offers Salesforce Integration services for organizations looking for rapid deployment, with our experts at hand integrating Salesforce with third-party platforms like ERP, Inventory Management platforms of your choice is made really easy. Working on implementation and integration projects of clients spanning domains from retail to manufacturing, finance to logistic operations give AppShark a unique perspective of managing Salesforce as per the client’s requirements with rapid deployments.
Our certified Salesforce consultants have strong authority in Salesforce products and rich experience in various integration projects.
To know more about our Salesforce integration and managed services, please feel free to contact us, or mail us at email@example.com.