One cannot deny the fact that exceptional customer service differentiates a top-notch brand from its competition. Superior service standards help businesses bring down customer acquisition costs and create an organic following of loyal clients bringing with them the potential to create more business.
Businesses need to organize interactions with customers as well as nurture prospects. A CRM software helps centralize all data pertaining to your current and future customers, enabling your service team to direct their undivided focus towards fulfilling customer needs.
What is Salesforce Service Cloud?
Salesforce Service Cloud is Salesforce’s top ranking integrated customer relationship management platform designed purely to handle customer service and support for businesses. It allows businesses to automate service processes, streamline workflows and find key articles, topics and experts to support the service team in the organization. The objective is to foster and fortify one on one relationships with every customer, whether it’s in person, via phone online, or self-service points regardless of the device used.
Benefits of Salesforce Service Cloud
1. It’s a consolidated hub of information which can track and store complete details of customer interaction. This includes case management, customer access across all channels, integration with legacy systems, pre-built integration apps, ticketing, call routing/escalation, and queue management. This eliminates confusion about the status of a service case and who will be the agent attending to it. The business can bring the power of applications such as Live Messaging, Email-to-Case, and Live Agent to customers from one console application.
2. Processes such as call center management, agent task and work space management, case management, and Omni-channel routing of service calls can be automated using Service Cloud. Easy design processes with a point-and-click interface helps orchestrate workflows, create and update records, log calls, send emails, integrate with third-party systems, and more.
3. It has dynamic screen displays that adapt as they guide agents through each step of any process and customers can be given access to business processes in their self-service channels. This makes it easy for contact center agents to pick up where the customer left off and resolve queries at any point in the support process. This, in turn, helps boost agent productivity and customer satisfaction. Conversational messaging drives organizational efficiencies with a low-cost channel that your customers are already using and empowers agents to provide personalized customer experiences.
Customers are happier and agents more productive with AI-powered predictions, recommendations, and chatbots on digital channels with the help of Salesforce Service Cloud.
Cost and Pricing
The pricing model is a tiered system, allowing companies to spend on specific features and functionalities needed from Salesforce. The license cost is based on per user/month subscription across Salesforce editions pertaining to needs of an organization.
Who Should Use Salesforce Service Cloud?
Banks and financial institutions, catering businesses, those in the media industry, and basically any service-oriented business can use Service cloud to reach and serve a greater global customer base. Service Cloud is most often used by companies with 10-50 employees and 1M-10M dollars in revenue.
Difference between Sales Cloud and Service Cloud?
When a business signs up for Salesforce there are two module options that are given: Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
Service Cloud helps companies that sell services and/or products focus on case management and provides a 360-degree view of your customers which helps you deliver smarter, faster, and more personalized services. Sales Cloud refers to the “sales” module in Salesforce.com which introduces all basic features in the service cloud such as accounts and contracts, leads and opportunities, campaigns, task sheets, and the calendar, which essentially backs sales driven operations. Sales Cloud offers Web-to-lead functionality, whereas Service Cloud takes it a step ahead and offers Web-to-case functionality.
This means if your organization is focused on services/product selling and case management, Service Cloud will be a better fit. On the contrary if the business is about leads, opportunities and sales alone Sales Cloud might suit better.
Service Cloud helps boost the efficiency of an organization and increase customer satisfaction by extending easy access to self-help features and streamlining all customer service interactions.
The functionality of Salesforce Case Management allows users to record, track, and solve customer issues across sales, service and support. Cases are powerful records, the backbone in Salesforce. Cases not only track customer issues, but also show a complete view of the customer which can be customized to fit your business needs and ensure that customers always receive the best service. There are custom tools which can be deployed to ensure that consistent information is shared across the support team for them to stay informed and connected on updated information at all times. Customers can create contact requests online and your team can follow up within a specified time frame.
Benefits of Case Management
- Omni-Channel routing automatically routes customer service cases to the best agent for the job based on their skill set/availability and the service query.
- Automated processes guide agents towards the next steps or actions in their work space based on the needs of the customer.
- Knowing what requires your focus at the right time – Customer service representatives receive customer activity updates to help them understand when action is needed. This helps guarantee that your business is responding with the right level of service at the right time.
Salesforce Knowledge is a knowledge base where users have the ability to create, edit and manage content. The entire knowledge base is available and accessible to the clients themselves and the agents assisting them. With adequate training for the support teams, businesses can easily stay ahead of the curve, paving the way for high performing service teams and customer delight!
Call Center Management
With Service Cloud Voice, agents have better tools and insights to close cases faster due to the built in Einstein intelligence and a single source of truth on one integrated platform. Salesforce brings together telephony and CRM data to optimize call volumes received alongside your web and social channels. The power of AI is brought to your phone calls with Service Cloud Voice. Reduced average handle times and a seamless customer experience with voice transcription tools and AI-powered agent recommendations follow. Accurate purchase history and a full view into customer conversations can help turn customers into fans in no time!
Available Service Cloud Integrations
There are endless integration options available with Salesforce Service Cloud that support multiple applications and systems. This turnkey solution can be integrated with QuickBooks, Jira, Oracle Service Cloud, ConnectWise, ZenDesk, Autotask, and more. The prebuilt uniform APIs in the application can be customized to support an endless array of unique business functions.
How can AppShark Help Your Business Implement Salesforce Service Cloud?
Salesforce Service Cloud is a feature-rich, versatile, and highly customizable platform which requires experience and expertise in order to leverage its functionalities to the fullest. Team AppShark begins with a phased approach of consultation. We begin by mapping business processes to current best practices followed by Salesforce. Then a report is provided with a road map for deployment which includes automation of service activities, ticket management review, building a knowledge base up until reports and analytics. In addition to optimizing Service Cloud, our Salesforce consultants can also help with tasks such as integrating Salesforce with other business-critical systems, training, and overall end-to-end integration of Salesforce with other systems.