Salesforce offers ecommerce solutions to both B2B and B2C companies. Its digital commerce solutions have earned high praise from experts and customers. Reputed research firm Forrester named Salesforce a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: B2C Commerce Suites, in Q3 2018. The Salesforce B2C Commerce Suite also received the highest possible score in personalisation, AI, machine learning, business intelligence and analytics. Another leading research company, Gartner, has named Salesforce a Leader in the June 2018 Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce for the third year in a row.
What is Salesforce Commerce Cloud and How is it Impacting the eCommerce Industry?
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a cloud-based solution that provides ecommerce businesses with a rich set of capabilities, including merchandising, content, marketing, promotions, fulfillment, and customer service. Powered with new technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning, the Cloud helps businesses deliver advanced digital experiences to its customers.
Benefits of Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Let’s look at some of the key features provided by the Salesforce Commerce Cloud that is shaping the ecommerce industry:
- Integrating the buying experience- Digital technology has improved user connectivity by creating multiple customer touchpoints, but customers still seek a more unified and connected digital experience. Salesforce ecommerce integration allows sellers to connect with customers across multiple touchpoints by providing them with a single, 360-degree view of all customer activities, orders, and inventory etc. This helps businesses create unified customer journeys to drive their sales.
- Being Mobile First- As per Business Insider Intelligence prediction, mobile commerce volume is on track to rise at a 25.5% CAGR from 2019 to hit $488.0 billion, or 44% of e-commerce, in 2024. Salesforce Commerce Cloud offers a suite of capabilities to businesses to up their mobile game. With Salesforce eCommerce integration, businesses can make their online stores responsive to mobile devices, optimise micro-moments, enable one-touch payments etc.
- Personalising User Experiences- Amidst the commodity trap, personalisation is the new battle front in ecommerce. Salesforce eCommerce integration helps ecommerce retailers leverage AI and other data science technologies to create highly personalised customer experiences. AI is a pretty expensive technology and many ecommerce retailers would find it tough to accommodate it in their budgets. Salesforce offers it as a part of the ecommerce suite helping e-retailers leverage it at affordable costs and build quick data capabilities.
- Driving Innovations- Salesforce Commerce Cloud helps ecommerce businesses in delivering new digital experiences to their clients with continuous innovations. The suite helps them try new promotion techniques, experiment with fulfillment and enhance customer support and experience. Salesforce offers an out-of-the-box website framework combining best practices in store design, merchandising, and technical architecture. Sellers can also enhance the shopping experience by leveraging an extensive library of prebuilt integrations, including payment accelerators, loyalty programs, ratings and reviews.
- Scaling Up Fast- As a cloud-based platform, Salesforce Commerce Cloud makes scaling up rapid and easy. An ecommerce business can enter new markets in quick time. The platform helps businesses quickly customize their online stores for various countries, currencies, and languages. It also helps sellers manage multiple stores from one single framework.
Economic stress, resulting from the Covid-19 global pandemic, is compelling businesses, especially retailers, to take the online route. Salesforce Commerce Cloud can not only help retailers move online quickly but also help them exceed customer experiences by providing them with necessary enablements and tools at one-place and at affordable costs. The Cloud-based platform can help ecommerce businesses deliver the next generation of shopping experiences.
Digitize Your Business with Salesforce Commerce Cloud
If your business is looking to move their ecommerce operations to Salesforce Commerce Cloud or looking to digitize your business, AppShark can help you. We’re a Salesforce Gold Consulting Partner with strong expertise across all Salesforce Products. Reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss Salesforce Commerce Cloud for your ecommerce business.