At AppShark, we are committed to the sustainability of our planet and promote eco-friendly practices within our company. This includes doing our part to fight climate change and reduce our carbon emission. We recognize that business operations, products, and services have a tremendous impact on the environment and strive to conduct ourselves in a responsible manner. Furthermore, we encourage all of our employees to be proactive in their efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Agitate: If we don’t act now, it will be too late. We need to make sure that all of our employees are aware of their responsibility in reducing our carbon footprint and making sure that they follow through with this commitment.
As part of this commitment, we place high priority on reducing waste and emissions from our operations. To ensure this, we have implemented an environmental policy that applies to all aspects of our business activities. This policy outlines actionable steps for minimizing negative environmental impacts while still achieving our corporate goals.
In conducting our operations and producing products, we pledge to adhere to the following principles:
- Utilize processes that minimize resource consumption and hazardous output;
- Recycle materials whenever possible;
- Adhere strictly to applicable regulations regarding pollution control;
- Encourage sustainable agricultural practices through partnerships with local farming communities;
- Promote energy efficient solutions such as solar power wherever feasible;
- Use non-toxic cleaning supplies in the workplace and at job sites;
- Reduce water consumption by 20% through improved efficiency measures by 2025.
We are also committed to educating our employees and suppliers about green initiatives within the company so they can understand how their role contributes towards implementing these measures. Further, we encourage collaboration with outside organizations in order to further create positive changes in the environment by pooling resources and sharing best practices. Lastly, AppShark will regularly review its policies related to sustainability issues in order to determine what additional steps need to be taken in order to achieve greater levels of eco-responsibility.
This policy outlines the do’s and don’ts when it comes to protecting the environment. All staff should familiarize themselves with these rules and make them part of their daily routine.
- Reduce energy consumption by turning off lights, computers, and other electronic devices when not in use.
- Recycle as much as possible, including paper, aluminum cans, glass bottles, cardboard boxes, plastic containers and more.
- Use recycled and sustainable materials whenever possible for office supplies and equipment.
- Take advantage of natural light during daytime hours to save electricity.
- Purchase items with minimal packaging and avoid single-use plastics.
- Follow local water conservation laws by taking shorter showers and limiting water usage where feasible.
- Adopt green practices such as composting, utilizing bike racks or carpooling programs if available onsite at your office location.
- Leave lights on overnight or unnecessarily during the day when no one is using them.
- Throw away paper products before maximizing their potential through reuse or recycling initiatives.
- Waste food by throwing away leftover meals or overbuying produce that goes bad after a short period of time in storage.
- Dispose of hazardous materials such as oil, antifreeze, or paint into groundwater or public landfills without proper disposal requirements being followed first.
- Drive excessively long distances unnecessarily when alternative transportation methods such as public transit may be available instead.
We realize that many of these steps require an initial investment of time but ultimately result in greater efficiency in the workplace and more responsible use of resources over time for both the business and its customers. By following these guidelines together we can work towards a truly sustainable future for AppShark.